Rating: 3.7 / 5.0 (54 votes)
How Do I Configure Apple's iPhone To Use Your Service?
By default Apple's iPhone enables TLS (encryption) for incoming and outgoing emails. A valid TLS certificate is only available on a dedicated server/VPS.
- Enter Mail on the iPhone
- Select Other from the list of mail provider options
- Enter all the Account specifics:
Host Name: mail.yourdomainname.com
- Click Save, and get the invalid certificate message
- Click "CANCEL", an you get returned to the settings screen
- Click "SAVE" again, it says, "You may not be able to receive email..."
- Click OK
- Now you can go back into the settings, the ADVANCED button now shows up at the bottom of the mail screen.
- Now you can go into the advanced tab and turn OFF SSL for both sending and receiving mail.